Commercial Kitchens for Rent
Commercial Kitchens for Rent
I came across this site today, CommercialKitchenforRent.com, and just had to share it. They list commercial kitchens available for rent by state. Renting space in a commercial kitchen is a great way for a small, home-based, part-time or start-up business to access a licensed commercial kitchen for baking, catering, cake decorating, candy-making, repackaging (eg. of bulk foods), or any kind of food production.
Commercial Kitchen for Rent also posts “Kitchens Wanted” ads for those searching for a commercial kitchen to rent, as well as a resource directory to help food entrepreneurs and those looking to start a food business.
Here are a few listings of Commercial Kitchens for rent in the Greater Phoenix, Arizona area, with an idea of costs and services available:
Chef’s Shared Kitchen
7601 E Gray Road, Suite D, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, and
2655 West Guadalupe Road, Suite 14, Mesa, AZ 85202
Phone: 480-543-0644 or 602-910-4477
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pricing is by the hour, ranging from $12 – 25/hour, depending on the workstation required (prep only, or cooking/baking), how many (prepaid) hours you rent per month, and whether it is during peak (daytime), or off-peak (night) hours. Ideal for personal chefs, caterers, bakers, and gourmet specialty chefs.
central Phoenix (7th Street and I-10)
Contact: Shannon or Tony
- $75/day, with a minimum of 4 days/month. Suitable for bakers, cake decorators and candy makers (not caterers).
Graceful Cake Creations
125 W. Main Street Mesa AZ 85201
- Bakery kitchen space to sub lease. Rent includes use of convection ovens, refrigerators, freezers, mixers, work tables and lockable storage space.
Lester’s Commercial Kitchen
3770 W. Whitton Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85019
Contact: Brian Lester
- 5000 sf kitchen rents at hourly, daily and monthly rates. Flexible rates. Space available from 2am to 10pm 7 days a week. Experienced staff and 24-hour security. Food production services also available.
Lovely Little Cake Shop
near downtown Mesa, AZ
- New 1400 sq ft Commercial kitchen. Rates start at $350 per month for 20 hours a week and require a 1 year contract. Tenants provided with work table, 6 tier storage shelf, access to convection ovens, refrigeration and 2 client consultation rooms. Suitable for bakers, cake decorators & desserts (no caterers).
While I was at it, I found another resource site called Culinary Incubator which maps out culinary incubators across the United States. The website is dedicated to small food businesses who are trying to find a health department licensed commercial kitchen in which to work. Commercial kitchens can also be used to shoot TV shows, teach cooking classes, and host food tastings. Check out their “Resources” page for helpful responses to FAQs on why you need a commercial kitchen, as well as tips on making your business successful.